In this webinar, we will show how to:
- Develop an antenna array and visualizing the geometry, 2D and 3D directivity, and grating lobes
- Import antenna patterns to increase model fidelity
- Design spatial multiplexing system to increase channel capacity with MIMO operations
- Partition beamforming function between the RF and digital domains in hybrid beamforming architectures
- Design array architectures, generate RF phase shifts and digital complex weights, and evaluate the results
About the Presenter
Rick Gentile focuses on phased array, signal processing, and sensor fusion applications at MathWorks. Prior to joining MathWorks, Rick was a Radar Systems Engineer at MITRE and MIT Lincoln Laboratory, where he worked on the development of many large radar systems. Rick also was a DSP Applications Engineer at Analog Devices where he led embedded processor and system level architecture definitions for high performance signal processing systems. Rick co-authored the text “Embedded Media Processing”. He received a B.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst and an M.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Northeastern University, where his focus areas of study included Microwave Engineering, Communications, and Signal Processing.