What Is 3-Phase Power?, Part 1: Fundamentals of 3-Phase Electricity
From the series: What Is 3-Phase Power?
In AC electrical systems, 3-phase power is commonly used due to the increased power density, efficiency, and operational flexibility compared with single-phase systems. Understanding how 3-phase electricity behaves in balanced and unbalanced systems is fundamentally important for AC electrical systems analysis, operation, and control.
You will learn:
- How 3-phase electricity is traditionally generated
- How 3-phase electricity can be described using vector representations
- The difference between balanced and unbalanced systems
- How balanced systems deliver constant, instantaneous 3-phase power
- How balanced and unbalanced systems affect neutral current
You can also select a web site from the following list:
How to Get Best Site Performance
Select the China site (in Chinese or English) for best site performance. Other MathWorks country sites are not optimized for visits from your location.