Student Competition: Mobile Robotics Training, Part 2: Using PID Controllers
From the series: Student Competition: Mobile Robotics Training
Learn how to design and tune a PID controller to perform navigation tasks like dead reckoning.
You will understand the difference between open loop and feedback control designs and why the latter is more effective in getting accurate results. You will then learn how to use the PID block in Simulink® to design the feedback control loop specifically for the dead reckoning problem.
Mobile Robotics Training toolbox will be used for the simulation purposes.
A VEX EDR robot is used to demonstrate the performance of the dead reckoning algorithm implemented using the PID block in Simulink.
- PID Controller
- PID Control Design for a DC Motor
- Mobile Robotics Training Toolbox
- Understanding Control Systems
- Simulink Coder Support for VEX Microcontroller
- Motor Control with Arduino: A Case Study in Data-Driven Modeling and Control Design -
- Data-Driven Control: System Identification
- Data-Driven Control video series
Recorded: 27 Jun 2017
You can also select a web site from the following list:
How to Get Best Site Performance
Select the China site (in Chinese or English) for best site performance. Other MathWorks country sites are not optimized for visits from your location.