Modeling Systems with Multilevel Converters in MATLAB and Simulink
In this webinar, we demonstrate how MathWorks tools may be used to model and simulate systems containing multilevel converter technology. A modular multilevel converter example will be used to explore the following topics,
- Build models of multilevel converters programatically from base components
- Use configurable subsystems to switch between different converter architectures
- Analyze pulse-width modulation (PWM) harmonic signatures to verify the correctness of the models
- Simulate different operational scenarios to test control system operation
- HVDC power transfer
- PMSM generation control
- Automate report generation to record the output of simulation studies
About the Presenter: Graham Dudgeon is the Energy Industry Manager at MathWorks. Before his role as Industry Manager, Graham was a Principal Technical Consultant at MathWorks and has worked with a broad range of customers across multiple industries, primarily in the areas of electrical power systems and power electronic technologies.
Before joining MathWorks, Graham worked at the Defence Evaluation and Research Agency (DERA), an agency of the UK Ministry of Defence, in the Flight Management and Control Department, and also as a Senior Research Fellow at the Rolls-Royce University Technology Centre in Electrical Power Systems at the University of Strathclyde.
Recorded: 30 Sep 2013
You can also select a web site from the following list:
How to Get Best Site Performance
Select the China site (in Chinese or English) for best site performance. Other MathWorks country sites are not optimized for visits from your location.