Application Engineer - Enterprise IT
MathWorks is seeking a highly motivated individual with technical experience and interest in integrating MathWorks products with enterprise IT systems. You will have exiting opportunities to work with our customers to firstly identify and understand their technical and business challenges and then develop compelling demonstrations of solutions that help them appreciate how the adoption of MathWorks products add value towards enhancing their workflows. Using your technical expertise as well as your excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, you will engage customers and prospects in seminars, conference calls, meetings, and through product evaluations to develop a shared vision for success.
- Own the MathWorks enterprise IT integration field strategy.
- Prepare and deliver presentations, demonstrations, and application examples in customer meetings, seminars, and other public events.
- Manage product evaluations and developing adoption plans that assist customers in adopting MathWorks tools.
- Partner with sales representatives to help develop account and territory level selling strategies.
- Identify new trends and application areas and provide feedback to development and marketing teams. Collaborate with the worldwide team on developing compelling messages and demonstrations.
- Advocate for the future direction of MathWorks development based on customer interaction.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Highly motivated toward working directly with customers.
- Excellent spoken and written Japanese communication skills.
- Business level English is desired.
- Data analytics or data science experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of MATLAB and Simulink is a plus.
- Broad interest in IT systems integration. Domain experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Cloud, e.g. Azure, AWS & GCP
- Big Data, e.g. Hadoop & Spark
- Messaging and IoT related technologies, e.g. Kafka & IoT Hub
- Databases, e.g. MongoDB, SQL Server & Cassandra
- Visualization, e.g. Tableau, Power BI & Spotfire
- Web related technologies, e.g. IIS, Apache & Node.js
- Travel is generally throughout Japan specific to various seminars, customer visits, etc. Though far less frequent, some international travel is expected. The candidate should expect to travel about 20-40% of the time with trips generally no longer than two to three days.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here