* End-to-end 802.11a physical layer
* All mandatory and optional data rates: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, and 54 Mb/s
* BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM modulations
* Forward error correction coding (convolutional; code rates 1/2, 2/3, 3/4)
* OFDM transmission: 52 subcarriers, 4 pilots, 64-pt FFTs, circular prefix
* Data interleaving
* PLCP preamble (modeled as 2x2 long training sequences)
* Receiver equalization
* Viterbi decoding
* Data rates selectable on-the-fly
* Adaptive modulation demo over dispersive multipath fading channel
1. Unzip to a new folder.
2(a). If you are running under R13 (MATLAB 6.5), change the MATLAB current directory to the subdirectory R13, then open the 'IEEE80211a_NoSF' mdl file. (If you have Stateflow, you can also run the enhanced version, IEEE80211a.mdl.)
2(b). If you are running under R13SP1 (MATLAB 6.5.1), change the MATLAB current directory to the subdirectory R13SP1, then open the 'IEEE80211a' mdl file.
Martin Clark (2021). IEEE 802.11a WLAN model (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/3540-ieee-802-11a-wlan-model), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!