Communicate with IVI-C-based instruments using Quick-Control Oscilloscope, Function Generator, and RF Signal Generator
The Quick-Control interfaces are used to control oscilloscopes, function generators, or RF signal generators that use an underlying IVI-C driver. You do not have to deal directly with the driver in these easy-to-use interfaces.
|Create Quick-Control Oscilloscope object|
|Create Quick-Control Function Generator object|
|Create Quick-Control RF Signal Generator object|
|Returns waveform displayed on scope|
|Return or set specified oscilloscope control on selected channel|
|Downloads arbitrary waveform to RF signal generator|
|Enables RF signal generator signal output and modulation output|
|List of available instrument resources for Quick-Control interfaces|
|List of available instrument drivers for Quick-Control interfaces|
|Connect device object to instrument|
|Disconnect device object from instrument|
- Quick-Control Oscilloscope Requirements
You can use the Quick-Control Oscilloscope for any oscilloscope that uses an underlying IVI-C driver.
- Read Waveforms Using the Quick-Control Oscilloscope
This example shows the general workflow to use for the Quick-Control Oscilloscope.
- Read a Waveform Using a Tektronix Scope
Reading a waveform with a Tektronix® scope using Quick-Control Oscilloscope is basically the same workflow as described in the Read Waveforms Using Quick-Control Oscilloscope example using a Keysight® scope with VISA.
- Quick-Control Oscilloscope Functions
oscilloscopefunction can use the following special functions, in addition to standard functions such as
- Quick-Control Oscilloscope Properties
The Quick-Control Oscilloscope
oscilloscopefunction can use the following properties.
Quick-Control Function Generator
- Quick-Control Function Generator Requirements
You can use the Quick-Control Function Generator for simplified fgen control and waveform generation without having to directly deal with the underlying driver.
- Generate Standard Waveforms Using the Quick-Control Function Generator
Use the Quick-Control Function Generator to generate a standard waveform.
- Generate Arbitrary Waveforms Using Quick-Control Function Generator
Use the Quick-Control Function Generator to generate an arbitrary waveform.
- Quick-Control Function Generator Functions
fgenfunction uses the following functions, in addition to standard functions such as
- Quick-Control Function Generator Properties
fgenfunction can use the following properties.
Quick-Control RF Signal Generator
- Quick-Control RF Signal Generator Requirements
You can use the Quick-Control RF Signal Generator for simplified rfsiggen control and waveform generation without having to directly deal with the underlying driver.
- Quick-Control RF Signal Generator Functions
rfsiggenfunction uses the following functions.
- Quick-Control RF Signal Generator Properties
rfsiggenfunction uses the following properties.
- Download and Generate Signals with RF Signal Generator
These examples show how to create the
rfsiggenobject, download waveforms, and generate signal and modulation output.
Troubleshooting IVI and Quick-Control Interfaces
Try these tips if you have problems using the toolbox with the IVI and Quick-Control interfaces. Includes information about supported platforms, adaptor requirements, configuration and connection, and other interface-specific tips.