Guidelines for getting started in adopting HDL Coder for your design. The document outlines a recommended approach for:
* The overall workflow for generating HDL starting with a MATLAB algorithm or Simulink model
* How to create an HDL-ready Simulink model
* How to create an HDL-ready Stateflow chart
* How to adapt MATLAB code in a MATLAB function block for HDL code generation
* Converting to fixed-point or utilizing native floating point
* Optimizing for various goals and targets
* Verifying your generated code
It also includes examples to illustrate selected concepts. This version was developed using HDL Coder R2017b.
Jack Erickson (2019). HDL Coder Evaluation Reference Guide (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/58941-hdl-coder-evaluation-reference-guide), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
Excellent articulation on guidelines for getting the optimal performance for a wide variety of modeling constructs!
I think this reference guide would be very useful to our customer. Thanks for your efforts!
Updated for R2018b
Japanese translation of R2017b update
Updated to R2017b
Updated Japanese version for R2016b
Updated for R2016b
Added Japanese version of the guide
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.