using ssSetNumInputPorts but no change in inputports...

7 ビュー (過去 30 日間)
Ingrid
Ingrid 2012 年 12 月 5 日
回答済み: mohammed Hanneef 2018 年 11 月 22 日
I am trying to set the number of input ports of my s-function block (written in C-code). It seems to be easy but apparently I am overlooking something because after compiling my code, the s-function block still only has one input port (instead of the 7 defined). What am I missing? Below the code that I defined in mdlInitializeSizes
int_T nInputPorts = 7; /* number of input ports */
int_T index;
if (!ssSetNumInputPorts(S,nInputPorts)) return;
if(!ssSetInputPortVectorDimension(S, 0, 6)) return;
if(!ssSetInputPortVectorDimension(S, 1, 1)) return;
if(!ssSetInputPortVectorDimension(S, 2, 2)) return;
if(!ssSetInputPortVectorDimension(S, 3, 1)) return;
if(!ssSetInputPortVectorDimension(S, 4, 1)) return;
if(!ssSetInputPortVectorDimension(S, 5, 1)) return;
if(!ssSetInputPortVectorDimension(S, 6, 1)) return;
for (index = 0; index < 7; index++) {
ssSetInputPortDirectFeedThrough(S, index, 1);
ssSetInputPortComplexSignal(S, index, COMPLEX_NO);
}
ssSetNumSampleTimes( S, 1);
ssSetSimStateCompliance(S, USE_DEFAULT_SIM_STATE);
ssSetOptions(S, SS_OPTION_EXCEPTION_FREE_CODE);
  2 件のコメント
Ingrid
Ingrid 2012 年 12 月 5 日
additionally, I can use ssGetInputPortRealSignalPtrs in mdlOutputs to access the different inputs so it seems that I have defined the number of inports correctly (otherwise it should not compile, no?) but no change in "triangles" in the s-function block to which I can connect the signals...
mohammed Hanneef
mohammed Hanneef 2018 年 11 月 22 日
I faced the same problem but then realized one of the reason for this is the Sfunction file name provided in the S-function Name shall be written without an extension such as "mysfunction.c shall be written as mysfunction". when i did this it worked for me.

サインインしてコメントする。

回答 (3 件)

Babak
Babak 2012 年 12 月 5 日
編集済み: Babak 2012 年 12 月 5 日
You need to command
MEX thenameofyourCcode
In MATLAB's command window, and then reopen the model to see the change.
  2 件のコメント
Ingrid
Ingrid 2012 年 12 月 6 日
of course I have first compiled my code (also given in the question above: after compiling my code, the s-function block still only...)
this is not what is missing
Babak
Babak 2012 年 12 月 6 日
You need to put this line in the mdlInitializeSizes function as follows:
static void mdlInitializeSizes(SimStruct *S)
{
if (!ssSetNumInputPorts(S, 7)) return;
// ....
}

サインインしてコメントする。


Guy Rouleau
Guy Rouleau 2012 年 12 月 6 日
Your code looks good... I can't identify what is going wrong.
This is probably not the problem, but make sure MATLAB sees the correct s-function by executing "which -all nameOfYourFunction".
Also ensure mex really builds your last version by doing "clear mex" and deleting the existing mex-file.
If this is not the problem, try attaching a debugger and stepping line by line to better understand what is going on:
Note: Even if the ports do not exist, ssGetInputPortRealSignalPtrs will not give errors... it will just read wrong address in memory. You can enable the "Array Out of Bounds" diagnostic to see if this happens. Enable this diagnostic only for diagnostic, it is very expensive on performance.
  3 件のコメント
Ingrid
Ingrid 2012 年 12 月 14 日
okay, since some modifications are needed to my model, the Mux solution is not working for me anymore so I am trying to look into this problem again
When I download a debugger (as explained in the link provided), I step through the process and everything seems to work fine and after I finish debugging, the number of inports are changed for the s-function block in the file that I used for debugging. HOWEVER, when I open the library that contains the s-function block, the number of inports shown are again only one... Now I am completely lost...
Also if I recompile my code using 'mex nameCode', the number of inports is reset to zero instead of the changed number so it seems the debugger altered something in the mexCompilation file making it to work (but I have no idea what)
Guy Rouleau
Guy Rouleau 2012 年 12 月 14 日
Please try to simplify your code as much as possible and contact technical support. There is something strange here and without looking at your files this is very difficult to figure it out.

サインインしてコメントする。


mohammed Hanneef
mohammed Hanneef 2018 年 11 月 22 日
I face the same problem but then realized one of the reason for this is the Sfunction file name provided in the S-function Name shall be written without an extension such as "mysfunction.c shall be written as mysfunction". when i did this it worked for me.

カテゴリ

Help Center および File ExchangeSimulink Coder についてさらに検索

タグ

製品

Community Treasure Hunt

Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!

Start Hunting!

Translated by