Community Grant Program: Eligibility Guidelines and Application
MathWorks considers community grant requests on a quarterly basis. Funding decisions are based on available resources and the degree to which proposals meet the MathWorks Community Grant Program criteria. While we appreciate the diverse interest in our Community Grant Program, we receive many more proposals than we are able to support each year.
Nonprofit organizations that meet MathWorks criteria for community grants are encouraged to complete an application. Please review the guidelines before submitting your application for a community grant.
Areas We Do Not Support
The MathWorks Community Grant Program does not support the following groups and activities:
- Religious organizations, clubs, fraternal groups, professional organizations, political campaigns, or lobbying groups
- Capital and endowment fund drives
- Fundraising events, such as walks, runs, golf tournaments, and dinners
- Programs not focused on charitable or philanthropic goals, such as professional conferences, recreational club sports teams, etc.
- Applicants must demonstrate that the program under consideration has goals that are consistent with the goals of MathWorks Community Grant Program.
- Grants cover one year and range from $200 to $5000 USD.
- Grants are awarded primarily to organizations serving the immediate communities where our offices are located, including:
- Natick, Massachusetts
- Novi, Michigan
- Torrance and Santa Clara, California
- Sydney, Australia
- Beijing and Shanghai, China
- Espoo, Finland
- Paris and Grenoble, France
- Munich, Aachen, Stuttgart, and Paderborn, Germany
- Bangalore, Delhi, Pune, and Hyderabad India
- Galway, Ireland
- Torino, Italy
- Nagoya, Osaka, and Tokyo, Japan
- Seoul, Korea
- Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Madrid, Spain
- Kista, Sweden
- Bern, Switzerland
- Cambridge and Glasgow, UK
- Organizations must be charitable organizations (501c3 or public charity, or local municipal entity) and must demonstrate tax-exempt status.
- Funds must be requested for a specific program.
- Only one application per program or initiative is considered in a 12-month period.
- All grant recipients are required to submit a brief summary report of the program funded within 12 months of our contribution.
Grant Decision-Making Timetable
Applications are reviewed on a quarterly basis. Submission deadlines for each cycle are March 1, June 1, September 1, and December 1. Applicants will be notified as soon as the Grant Review Team reaches a decision.
Grant Application Form
To be considered for a MathWorks Community Grant, programs must complete this application form. For STEM programs (for example, robotics teams or STEM-based workshops), please use this application form.
When you have completed your application, email your grant application to email@example.com. Please make sure you have attached your application to the email.
Note that only completed applications sent via this form will be considered for funding.
We look forward to learning more about your program.