Digital Input and Output
Acquire and generate digital data with data acquisition hardware
|Add input channel to device interface|
|Add output channel to device interface|
|Add digital bidirectional channel to device interface|
|Remove channel from device interface|
Reading and Writing Data
|Read data acquired by hardware|
|Write output scans to hardware channels|
|Simultaneously read and write device channel data|
|Start DataAcquisition background operation|
|Stop background operation|
|Queue scan data for device output|
|Flush DataAcquisition input and output buffers|
Data Format Conversion
|Convert decimal value to binary vector|
|Convert binary vector value to decimal value|
|Convert hexadecimal value to binary vector|
|Convert binary vector value to hexadecimal|
- Digital Channels
Transfer digital or logical values in bits via digital lines.
- Acquire Non-Clocked Digital Data
Acquire a single scan of digital data from two channels of an NI device.
- Generate Non-Clocked Digital Data
This example shows how to write data to two lines on an NI 6255.
- Acquire Digital Data Using a Shared Clock
Share the clock of the analog subsystem on your device for the digital acquisition.
- Acquire Digital Data Using an External Clock
Acquire digital data in the foreground using an external scan clock.
- Acquire Digital Data Using a Counter Output Channel as External Clock
Acquire digital data using a counter output channel to generate clock pulses.
- Acquire Digital Data in Hexadecimal Values
This example shows how to acquire digital data using four channels on an NI 6255.
- Generate Digital Output Using Decimal Data Across Multiple Lines
This example shows how to convert decimal data and output to two lines on an NI 6255.
- Generate and Acquire Data on Bidirectional Channels
This example shows how to use a bidirectional channel and read and write data using the same two lines on an NI 6255.
- Generate Signals on Both Analog and Digital Channels
This example shows how to generate signals when the DataAcquisition contains both analog and digital channels.