Although current versions of Matlab do offer some polar plotting functionality, it isn't particularly flexible. "Perfect Polar Plots" is a few functions which can be used to create fully customizable polar plots. Such as:
- choose for angle to increase or decrease in clockwise direction (e.g. like a compass (cw), or standard mathematical convention (ccw))
- choose where the zero angle is located: top, right, left, anywhere!
- plot only a segment of the circle by setting radial and/or angular limits (i.e. like xlim or ylim)
- arbitrary ticks and grid lines for major and minor radial and angular axes
- comes with preset labeling schemes such as for compass orientation
- examples included!
ET (2021). Perfect Polar Plots (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/73967-perfect-polar-plots), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!