The present code is a Matlab function that allows the user to enable interactive exploration on a 3D plot. The exploration includes abilities to rotate, zoom and pan the 3D plot using the mouse and the keyboard arrows, and also to mark data points of interest using the Data Cursor instrument. The user can exit the exploration mode with double-clicking of the left mouse button.
Instructions for use:
- Click and hold the left mouse button and dragging over the axes to rotate the figure;
- Turn the mouse scroll wheel to increase or decrease the magnification factor (i.e. to zoom in or out);
- Click the right mouse button to put a datatip (data cursor) on the 3D plot;
- Use the keyboard arrows to pan the 3D figure;
- Double-click the left mouse button to exit the 3D explorer and to restore the figure to its original view.
An example is given in order to clarify the usage of the function. For convenience, the input and output arguments are given in the beginning of the function.