MATLAB Answers

Difference between individual license and campus license

112 ビュー (過去 30 日間)
CY Tsang
CY Tsang 2019 年 8 月 15 日
回答済み: Walter Roberson 2019 年 8 月 15 日
Hi, I have both individual and campus license but I don't know which license I should use for matlab installation on my desktop. Would you please advise the difference between those two types of license?

  0 件のコメント



Walter Roberson
Walter Roberson 2019 年 8 月 15 日
  • The Individual license will always be available to you, no matter what toolboxes anyone else is using, even if your network is down.
  • Typically campus licenses have a greater variety of toolboxes available. Universities tend not to know ahead of time what kind of work everyone will be doing, so they tend to license a whole lot of toolboxes "just in case"
  • However, if there is a specific toolbox you need that is not available through the campus license, you would add it to your individual license
  • Individual licenses on campus are sometimes Student licenses instead of Academic licenses. Student licenses are limited on the number of Simulink blocks that can be used, and Student licenses are not permitted to use a number of different toolboxes that are potentially available through the Campus license.
  • You can typically use both licenses together. Often you would configure with the individual license first on the list and the campus license server second on the list, so that your individual license will be used if it permits a toolbox, and if you do not have access to the toolbox on your individual license, that MATLAB would then ask the Campus license whether you are authorized for the toolbox

  0 件のコメント


その他の回答 (0 件)


Community Treasure Hunt

Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!

Start Hunting!

Translated by