Application Engineer (Education)
- 求人: 30965-HOGI
- 所在地: JP-Tokyo
- 部署名: 教育機関向けカスタマー サクセス
MathWorks is expanding a Customer Success Engineering team dedicated to helping our academic market experience the full value of MATLAB and Simulink. Partner with university customers to understand their technical and business challenges. Use the insights gained to paint a vision of how MathWorks can help them address their challenges in education and research. Conversations will range from computational thinking, coding to learn, use of MathWorks’ products in industry to benefits of teaching/learning MATLAB skills. Demonstrate the value of MATLAB and Simulink to grow their adoption in curriculum, research and commercial projects.
- Planning and Strategy: Perform data-driven account assessments to determine overall health of an educational institute. Develop Technical Engagement Plans and associated activities to increase adoption and usage of MathWorks’ products across a set of institutes. Regularly review the key metrics to adapt your plans.
- Execute Technical Engagement Plans: Travel to universities and engage customers to advocate and support deeper adoption and usage of MathWorks’ products across all aspects of an institute including curriculum and coursework, in research and commercial projects, and in high-impact student activities (competitions, projects etc.). Prepare and deliver presentations, demonstrations, and application examples.
- Champion Computational Thinking: Influence academic leaders to incorporate computational literacy in their curriculum. Identify, track and influence adoption of MathWorks’ products in relevant Engineering, Science and Business courses, at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Motivate the value of teaching MATLAB/Simulink skills, supporting problem set development and integration, and supporting integration of products into key hardware projects and laboratories.
- Create Vision Beyond Curriculum: Identify key research projects and groups that can benefit from the adoption of MathWorks’ products. Engage these groups to understand their goals and challenges. Leverage product knowledge and industry experience to recommend MathWorks’ solutions.
- Cultivate Champions: Establish rapport with leading faculty and researchers to persuade them to advocate MathWorks’ product on-campus and in the broader education community. Advocate on behalf of customers to influence the future of MathWorks’ products.
- Be Resourceful: Engage other MathWorks personnel to assist in key activities and specialized product areas to ensure successful adoption and usage across an entire university.
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Strong desire to spread the use of MathWorks products in academia
- Experiences of working with programming languages
- Knowledge of control theory is a plus
- Experience of Simulink products is a plus
- Experience as a graduate-level research or teaching assistant is a plus
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills in Japanese
- Business level English
- Demonstrated ability to work in highly collaborative, cross-functional environments
- Candidates must be willing to travel 25% to 50% of the time
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.