Auto Sales Manager
Auto Sales Manager is responsible for leading the local Auto Sales team while maximizing MathWorks’ sales performance in Japan. The Auto Sales Manager manages directly the Major Accounts, Auto Sales teams and is responsible for liaising with headquarters and other offices.
Auto Sales Manager will drive MathWorks’ business mainly automotive; while also developing strategies to further penetrate additional domains/markets.
The Auto Sales Manager will manage and further develop consistent and effective sales and services processes and practices that will ensure sustainable revenue/market-share growth over the short and long-term. In parallel, he/she will be expected to lead projects and initiatives to continuously improve productivity, utilization and customer impact.
Meet or exceed annual sales targets, overall, and by key domain/auto industry with a focus on:
- Growing MathWorks traditional MBD or new domain business in Auto;
- Leveraging and utilizing resources to develop deep technical engagements with Major Accounts, developing strong customer relationships to drive broad scale adoptions of MathWorks solutions to transition accounts towards enterprise wide agreements;
- Accelerating MathWorks presence across Auto Industry Verticals that provide opportunities for rapid market adoption of MathWorks products;
- Build capabilities to expand our reach across key decision makers in organizations that would benefit from standardizing on MathWorks’ development platform.
- Drive the annual planning process for the Auto Sales organization
- Develop and manage territory/account plans for all major customers in the territory.
- Collaborate closely with all matrix managers with direct and/or dotted line staff members working in the Japan offices.
- Manage and mentor managers, team members to realize the full potential of their current roles and develop clear paths for staff to progress both personally and professionally.
- A bachelor's degree and 15 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required. 5 years management experience is required.
- Customer facing experiences as Sales Manager
- Awareness of MathWorks solutions and typical customer usage is a plus
- Proven success in growing teams and developing a new business
- Demonstrated ability to interact with senior management in the field
- Prior experience in high-tech company, preferably software
- Travel as required: Travel to customer facilities and MathWorks field offices and subsidiaries up to 40% of the time
- This position is located in Tokyo
- Performance management and employee relations, 1on1 conflict resolution
- Autonomy, decision making, openness to feedback
- 5-10 years working for multi-national companies
- Fluency in written and spoken Japanese and English
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 6,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.