Application Engineer - Comm & Signal Processing
We are seeking an Application Engineer who will work directly, sometimes in great depth, with customers to understand their technical and business challenges and help them appreciate how to apply our products toward the resolution of their problems. You will support a breadth of application areas including
- Knowledge of wireless communication, signal processing
- Design, analyze, and simulate models across many diverse applications areas including Wireless Communications or Radar.
- Working with prospective customers to understand their workflow and using this knowledge to build successful technical sales strategies.
- Leveraging product knowledge and industry experience to give sound recommendations on how solutions from MathWorks can improve the results of customer product development processes.
- Preparing and delivering product presentations and demonstrations at customer meetings.
- Developing demonstration programs, application examples, and proof-of-concept models. These are generally used to illustrate the value of our offerings based on typical customer applications.
- Working closely with the worldwide MathWorks application engineering, development, and marketing organizations to further improve products, to identify new application areas based on customer interactions, and to develop accurate and compelling messaging targeting the marketplace.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Digital wireless communication knowledge and technical experience
- Algorithm development or conceptual understanding of wireless communication system
- Digital signal processing knowledge (or technical experience)
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Business Level English communication skill is desired
- Highly motivated toward working directly with customers.
- Implementation skills and knowledge with embedded software (C/C++)
- Experience with lab & test equipment
- Experience in a broad set of MathWorks products or similar 3rd party tools
- Knowledge of similar application or technology (computer vision/image processing or audio processing)
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.