Senior Advanced Support Engineer - Embedded Software
We are looking for an engineer with experience using Simulink for production code generation/verification and validation.
Work closely with product development teams and customers with cutting-edge use cases to drive product design in a direction that fulfills the evolving needs of our customers. Come and join us and apply your knowledge to improve our code generation products.
Influence the direction of MathWorks' model-based design products by:
- leveraging your experience with embedded software workflows
- identifying emerging needs based on customer requests
- influencing feature planning by providing voice-of-the-customer input
- contributing to product design process (defining requirements and use cases, participating in design reviews and usability studies, etc.)
Drive customer success with MathWorks' products by:
- resolving escalated and advanced technical issues
- leading strategic, technical engagements with customers facing systemic issues
- developing external content to demonstrate product features and capabilities (ex. examples, presentations, etc.)
Mentor engineers in their technical and career growth
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- 3+ years of experience using Simulink/Stateflow or other code generation and/or verification tools to develop embedded systems
- Proficient in C and/or C++ programming
- Experience with coding standards (MISRA C) and/or certification requirements (ISO26262) is a strong plus
- Excellent communication skills (effectively articulate ideas and provide feedback) in Japanese and basic communication skills in English
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Effective collaborator in team-focused environment
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
Contact us if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.