Senior Application Engineer - Autonomous Systems
MathWorks starts a hybrid work-from-home model featuring both home-office flexibility as well as in-office meeting days for optimized collaboration in the post-COVID world.
MathWorks is seeking an engineer with technical experience and interest in the areas of autonomous systems and robotics including automotive Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and Autonomous Driving (AD).
By engaging and partnering with customers in this area, you will influence the way they develop and verify their systems using MathWorks tools.
You will spend most of your time focused on applying MATLAB and Simulink capabilities to the exploration and development of cutting edge technologies in various applications in this area, and you will work on interesting and challenging customer engagement projects that make a real difference for our business and for our users.
The location for this position is in MathWorks’ office in Tokyo.
- Lead engagements with customers in the autonomous systems and robotics area by presenting MathWorks’ tools capabilities, vision, and lead them by defining technical proof of concept projects and driving them forward.
- Work closely with sales and other customer-facing staff to provide technical guidance for successful adoption of MathWorks tools.
- Build instant credibility in front of customers by leveraging the industry experience and serve as a primary advisor to select customers for technical engagement.
- Increase awareness of MathWorks' tools capabilities by delivering marketing events such as public seminars, webinars.
- Advocate for the future direction of MathWorks products based on customer interactions.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience in at least one of the following technical areas:
・Sensor Fusion and Tracking
- Experience with embedded devices such as FPGA or ASIC
- Experience working in the autonomous systems and robotics is preferred
- Experience with C/C++ software development is preferred
- GPU programming (CUDA or OpenCL) is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of MATLAB and Simulink is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in development process is a plus
- Experience with Unreal, Unity, CARLA, CarMaker, Prescan or other virtual testing simulation environments is a plus
- Customer facing experience is preferred
- Excellent spoken and written Japanese communication skills is preferred
- Basic spoken and written communication English skill (TOEIC score 600+) is preferred
- Travel is generally throughout Japan specific to various seminars, customer visits, etc. Though far less frequent, some international travel is expected. The candidate should expect to travel about 10-30% of the time with trips generally no longer than two to three days.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.