Senior Technical Consultant - Autonomous Systems
MathWorks is the world leader in technical computing, system simulation and embedded code generation tools. We are seeking an engineer with a passion for robotics to join our Consulting Services team. You will lead our customers in the use of MATLAB/Simulink and associated tools for algorithm development, simulation, implementation and verification in robotics. As a consultant, you will leverage your experience in control, perception, mechatronics, image processing, signal processing, and real-time implementation to support customers' robotics development. The location for this position is in MathWorks’ office in Tokyo.
Take on leadership roles in technically challenging project as an expert for our customers:
- Consulting project management - maintaining task lists, budget tracking, customer interaction, resource estimating, and job size estimating
- Consulting project execution – Engage in projects, especially related with Robotics
- Consulting sales - interact with sales staff and customers to sell our services and manage customer expectations
- Requirements/product issues feedback to product development - interact directly with development staff to resolve difficult customer issues and identify new product features
- Travel as required by the customer to customer facilities up to 45% of the time
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Masters or Ph.D in computer science or engineering, mathematics or related field or equivalent
- 5-7 years of working experience in Mechatronics or Robotics industry
- Programming experience in Python, C++, C language or MATLAB
- Some of Robotics related technology knowledge as follows:
- Sensor Fusion
- Motion estimation
- Path and motion planning
- Robot algorithm (kinematics and inverse kinematics, collision detection)
- Deep learning, Image processing, YOLO
- Experience in Embedded system and Implementation
- Customer facing engineering experience
- Strong Japanese skills needed
- Intermediate or above written and spoken English language skill
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here