Released October 9, 2008
What's New in Release 2008b
Release 2008b includes new features in MATLAB and Simulink, two new products, and updates and bug fixes to 91 other products, including PolySpace code verification products. Subscribers to MathWorks Software Maintenance Service can download product updates.
New capabilities for the MATLAB product family include:
- Function Browser for finding functions, and automatic help for function arguments, in MATLAB
- New algorithms for random number generation in MATLAB, including ability to create multiple independent streams
- Support for netCDF and JPEG 2000 file formats in MATLAB
- Ability to deploy Parallel Computing Toolbox applications using MATLAB Compiler that run with MATLAB Distributed Computing Server
- New notebook interface in Symbolic Math Toolbox for managing and documenting symbolic computations, plus access to MuPAD symbolic engine and language directly from MATLAB
- Nonlinear mixed-effects (NLME) models in Statistics Toolbox
- Econometrics Toolbox, a new product for economic forecasting and risk management that incorporates the functionality of GARCH Toolbox
New capabilities for the Simulink product family include:
- MATLAB based language in Simscape for authoring of physical modeling components
- Fixed-point data types up to 128 bits for accelerated simulation, automatic code generation, Embedded MATLAB code, and Simulink Fixed Point
- Support for embedding Simulink function-call subsystems in Stateflow charts
- Target-specific code generation for Embedded MATLAB code, and generation of encapsulated C++ class interfaces, in Real-Time Workshop Embedded Coder
- CD and network boot options and real-time Ethernet I/O support in xPC Target
- SimElectronics, a new product for modeling and simulating electronic and electromechanical systems
PolySpace Code Verification Products
* Indicates product was introduced via the Web after R2008a and is now available on the R2008b DVD
** Indicates product was introduced after R2008b and is available via the Web.
Products with License-Related or Pricing Changes
Please refer to MathWorks Release 2008b Products with License-Related or Pricing Changes for details.